Sunday, April 18, 2010

Left-over song

At one point in the whole process of doing this CD I had recorded a guitar piece I had written when I was 16. It was an odd-metered finger-picking ditty that I had really liked way back when. It went unnamed for over a decade until I read a fantasy novel called "A Face in the Frost". I loved that book. Anyway, there is a chapter where the heroes (Prospero and Roger Bacon) have to spend a night in an inn. The place they stay is called 5 Dials and it turns out to be a phantasm and actually unreal place. I really liked the title "A Night in 5 Dials" so I decided that would be the ditty's name.

As the theme of the CD was clocks etc. I thought the piece would be perfect for it so towards that end I tracked a version of it playing drums, bass and guitar as well as some keyboard synth. It went along smoothly enough, but I was never sold on the piece and I decided early on it wouldn't suit.

As I doubt I'll ever do anything with it I figured I might as well post it here so here it is:


A Night In Five Dials streamed
A Night In Five Dials dl

No comments: