Saturday, May 25, 2019

For a lot of us songwriter-y types, our tunes are a consequence of our lives and relationships. Songs become our diary in a lot of ways and are a creative way to expunge the hurt and abuse all of us feel.
While relationship woes are hardly the inspiration for this current batch of Rebel Wheel tunes, they do create an impetus to get the album finalized and finished. I might even include a tune or two about how the intent to deceive is the emotional distillate of lying even if the carefully chosen words are technically true. Pointing a bent finger is still pointing a finger (and it's pointing at you Missy).

The album is coming along nicely; almost all of the songs are written and fairly well-rehearsed. The band members play in a lot of other bands as well (often together in fact) so with the current spate of Dee-Dee, solo and PepTide gigs, Andrew, Alex and myself have had a lot on our plates. Thankfully things are slowing down, and with the consequences of TWO May 25th revelations (2018, 2019), I suspect I will have FAR more time to dedicate to music. 

Right now I am starting pre-production and I hope to be recording the band live off the floor in June or July. We'll see I guess; there are always factors that hit you sideways, but for now, that looks like a realistic goal.

Adios for now, play safe and ALWAYS trust your instincts.

No comments: